Day Camp Programs
Music & ARTS
The Chatham Music and Arts Day Camp provides intensive music and art experiences to students Pre-K through 9th grade.
These camps are designed to develop fundamental and advanced skills, teamwork, knowledge of the game, and passion for the sport.
Chatham's Education Scholars and Science Scholars week-long programs enrich students and can be completed as a for-credit option.
We coordinate efforts to provide other offerings, includings the Institute of Reading Development, Swim Lessons, Chorale, and All Star Code.
Interested in learning more about Day Camp programs?
Attend an upcoming Day Camp Open House!
Meet and greet with the camp director to learn more about our spring and summer programs! Get a tour of campus (weather permitting), view sample schedules, and ask members of the summer staff questions.
James Laughlin Music Hall
The Chatham Music and Arts Day Camp was founded in 1956 by Mihail (Mischa) and Kathryn Stolarevsky.
Kay and Mischa have inspired many young students to embrace the arts through their dedication and teaching at the Chatham Music and Arts Day Camp. The camp, which will celebrate its 55th anniversary this summer, continues to grow its arts, music and theater program while branching out to include programs that allow campers to explore nature and engage in creative play. Kay Stolarevsky continues to support the vision of the camp by helping us offer a limited number of need-based scholarships to students who wish to attend the camp and may not have the means to do so.
Our Program Goals
- To grow and nurture talented, young artists along their creative paths
- To provide campers with an outlet for creative expression in a non-formal atmosphere
- To nurture a life-long love of the arts
- To allow campers to discover and enhance their talent in art, music and theater arts through private and collective interactions with experienced mentors
- To foster critical and creative thinking skills, and the ability to cooperate and communicate with their fellow camp community members
- To round out the camper's summer experience by offering traditional recreational opportunities like swimming, nature exploration and sports